Thursday, January 06, 2011

Shop update

I'm giving my shop an overhaul...better photos with the kind loaning of an awesome DSLR camera and a tripod care of my father in law. I found the white bathroom wall served me well, and went about playing around. It is hard work! Screwing around with that tripod takes forever. Then I have to check the pics, are they blurry? washed out? not working? Then I have to use software to get that yellow tint out of there. Then transfer into a file, then another file, mess around with them in my photo editing program, then put them up in my shop. I had been hanging around the forums in Etsy, getting critiqued and finding out that my backrounds of the lovely metal fence and concrete were, just not going to do. They were right. They look soooo much better, have a peek! Here are what I have up so far:



















I have more, but for some reason they are turned sideways when I try to post them.  What's that you say? Do I have other views in my shop? Of course I do.  Anyway, here is the backround they used to have:

























 I know, it's hard to tear yourself away from the concrete. But try. It's much better, right? How did I go so long without realizing how unprofessional they looked? Because, I am not a professional. And I guess I didn't think they looked that bad. I've been lucky to have a good eye for composition, what failed me so greatly here? Once I started paying attention to other people's backrounds, I realized I could do so much better. With professional equipment, and creativity unleashed, you can do practically anything. I love to experiment, and stay up late hours figuring something out. I've practically got this DSLR down in just one night of playing with it. Now I want one. Hey, my birthday is coming. Anybody got a spare 1200$? hahahaha.

8 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

the pics look great! good job--you will hopefully see even more sales now!

deborah said...

thanks elizabeth!

creativeapples said...

oooh, i am really liking the new pics!!!! If you're having camera issues, please feel free to email me-- I'd be happy to help!!! :)

M.M.E. said...

Your work is so fun! I can't wait to see the rest of them.

deborah said...

thank you!! creativeapples-i am doing great with this camera-my own camera just isn't good enough to pull this off so i just don't use it. i will certainly keep you in mind for feedback!!
xx

Amanda said...

Amazing what a difference that makes!! Hope it brings you lots more sales! Love it! :)

neffbot said...

It looks tons better! I know what you mean about fiddling with camera and tripod settings, I can tire myself out with that stuff! It's why I haven't updated my etsy shop in FOREVER. I'm lazy about taking pictures.

deborah said...

rebecca-i just said-okay i'm going to do this all at once until it's done. it took me several days. whew!