Friday, December 31, 2010

I was just going to give you coffee!

I've just been watching The Stepford Wives(the old one, of course)..twice, actually-I just can never get enough of Paula Prentiss!
 (on the left).
I loved their outfits(pre-transformation),. How about Miss Prentiss's two tone flares and amazing midriff-bearing wrap top?? I just loved the era! and it got me remembering all the things I used to wear in the seventies. Here are some things that were popular, that I also owned:
















 I had these exact shoes!! They were so comfortable and looked great under long bell bottoms and with maxi skirts or shorts.















 Heishi (pronounced "hee shee") necklaces! Mine looked a lot like this one, with coral and turquoise. Actually, I still have it, but I never wear it.





















jelly fisherman sandals! I had this style. I don't remember what color mine were.



alpaca poncho! mine looked just like this. I loved to wear it with my long blonde hair in braids.























the djellaba!(pronounced "jell-aba") I had one. I  made it out of striped cotton. I used to wear it over other things, or as a lounging dress on it's own.


























Authentic navy wool pea coat from the army-navy store. They were so cheap there, and sooo warm. I wore mine until it fell apart! I would love to have one just like that now...
























painters pants from the paint store! my friend Carol and I would buy several pairs(they were like 6$) and take them home and rit dye them. I had a pair of orange and a pair of pink and a pair I left off-white. I LOVED these pants.



















Oaxacan peasant blouse! The most popular ones had these little string ties at the sleeves. I had one and I cherished it! One of my staple outfits was my Oaxacan peasant and my Levi 501"s.
There were so many other things, like high-waisted bell bottoms, which were tight in the hips.  I loved how these looked on, but I much preferred my 501's all through the 60's and 70's. Maxi dresses. I loved them, I used to make all of my own. Such easy dressing, a maxi and a pair of sandals, and you're out the door!   I'm so happy I grew up when I did. And I'm so excited to be a part of fashion in 2011 and beyond. Happy New Year!! xoxo


No comments: